Join your peers at this 2 day executive development session.
Course Outline | Course Fees and Team Discounts | PDF Version |
2 Day Course - Understanding Enterprise Architecture
|1. The innovation imperative.
Business drivers for Enterprise Architecture.
2. From the source.
- The waves of change
- The revolution in concepts
Framework for Enterprise Architecture.
- Enterprise knowledge artifacts:
- From data, function and networks
- From scope to enterprise, systems and technology models
- The extended framework:
- From people, time and motivation
- From workflow, process and business rule models
- Rules of the Framework
3. Addressing the paradoxical challenge.
Rapid delivery & enterprise infrastructure.
- The "model" vs the "results" view of the world
- Process concepts
- What about objects?
- Paradigms for managing change: architecture and assemble-to-order to manage
4. Behind the scenes.
EA implementation essentials.
- Model selection
- Skills, approaches and tools
- Short term demand strategies
- Managing federated architectures
5. For good measure.
The role of EA standards in successful implementation.
- Framework standards
- Adapting the standards to your organization
- Elaborating the models to your business
6. Planning the work.
Enterprise Architecture methodologies.
- Classification vs methodologies
- Methodology standards
- Methodology vendors
- Framework implementers
- Methodologies overview
7. Working the plan.
Enterprise Architecture practicalities.
- Funding and cost justification
- Return on Investment (ROI)
- Repositories and model management
- Organization & culture change
- Towards the new business imperative: Build, Store, Manage and Change the Models
Who should attend
Senior Vice President/Director
Chief Information Officer (CIO)
Vice President/Director IS
IT Portfolio Manager/
Information Systems Manager
Enterprise Information Manager
Chief Financial Officer
(Intervista is now offering DAMA & EAIG members a 10% discount on all of our courses)
(This course is V.O.R approved with special pricing for O.P.S)
I feel energized and much better equipped to think things through and start engineering the enterprise. Thanks!"
Corporate Technical Architect
More talk >>
Contact us about how to schedule this course on-site for teams of 12 or more.
Day 1 & 2
1. Business drivers for EA
2. Framework for EA
3. Rapid delivery & enterprise infrastructure
4. EA implementation essentials
5. The role of EA standards
6. Enterprise Architecture methodologies
7. Enterprise Architecture practicalities
Internationally recognized thought leader in the discipline of Enterprise Architecture. Originator of one of the most authoritative conceptual structures on IS architecture — Framework for Enterprise Architecture, author of the e-book "The Zachman Framework for Enterprise Architecture — A Primer" and the Zachman Framework Standards.
Inspiring conference speaker and long time faculty member of the Intervista Institute.
Read here>> John Zachman's Concise Definition of The Zachman Framework
"Hour-for-hour, this is the best seminar I have attended. The instructors thoroughly covered concepts, demonstrated their application effectively and convincingly explained the consequences of poor architectural practice."
"This has been an eye opening experience. Receiving this training from the masters will most certainly keep measurable benefits going forward.
Stan provided additional concepts and practices around implementation strategies, a critical next step in exploiting the framework ontology - this was great!!!
"Quite an enjoyable course. Would take other courses from Intervista in future."
"The greatest reward from this two-day course was the depth of John's knowledge on the industry in general with regards to the framework. This is the value added, separate from the content."
- Hard copy of courseware
- Refreshments throughout the course duration
- Intervista Certificate of Completion
- Zachman Framework Poster